Experts agree that a daily routine is essential for success in life. If you investigate anyone who is a successful person, there are habits that they all have that set them apart. The key is that they take care of their best asset, their mind, on a daily basis. When we are stressed, we can often neglect this.
Here is my daily routine for getting the most out of your mind, so you can create a life you love.
- Drink a glass of water. You dehydrate when you sleep, drinking a glass of water kickstarts your mind and allows you to focus.
- Clear your mind. Meditate for 5 - 10 mins. This is time for you to commit to your subconscious mind what you want from your day/life. If you need help with this there are lots of great apps and videos on Youtube.
- Getting up early. When you get up you should allow 1 hour for your mind, and 30 minutes for your body to wake up. The set amount of time is up to you, but you need to make sure you are undisturbed by anyone else in the house and that it is the same time everyday. Our body and mind loves routine. Do this every day - including weekends and holidays; and once it becomes a habit you won’t want to miss it for a day because of how great it makes you feel and the results it gives you.
- Gratitude. Counting your blessings is the best way to start your day and put you in the right frame of mind. List who and what you are grateful for today and why.
- Focus on your future. Writing in a journal everything you want in life. Write out a shopping list for every area of your life. Your relationships, your career, your family, your health, your lifestyle, your finances, what you want to experience. Write it all down. This keeps your mind focused on what you want and will motivate you to step out of your comfort zone to take the necessary action to make it happen. For help with identifying what you want look at my wheel of life blog it is a good place to start.
- Set your goals. Choose one or two goals to focus on. Write them out in detail visualise yourself and your life once they are achieved, connect with your vision emotionally - what can you feel, smell, tastes, see. This will convince your subconscious that it has already happened. As 95% of our thoughts, beliefs and habits come from there, we have to work with our subconscious as well as our conscious mind to make any lasting change.
- Take action. Commit to 4-5 actions you will do today that will move you closer to your goal. Do these in order with the one you want to least first. Another tip for success: do what you don’t want to do first. The sense of achievement is immense, it gets it out of the way which avoids procrastination and gives you a momentum that will motivate you throughout the day.
- Move your body. Whatever your flavour, HIT, running, yoga - get up and move your body. Your mind and your body are intrinsically linked. Take this new good feeling and transfer it to movement.
- Go to bed at the same time. Our minds love routine, your quality of sleep and your ability to function are increased if you go to bed at the same time every day.
- Winding down. Making time to wind down, do not eat, drink or watch TV for the last hour before sleep. Instead use this time to reflect, read and focus on where you are going Again this has a huge impact not only on your ability to sleep but your quality of sleep. Our subconscious mind is like a sponge so we need to be careful what we feed it, especially before we go to sleep when our subconscious mind is running the show.
- Reflect and review. Read what you wrote this morning, re write your goals and review what you achieved today. Move any not completed actions to tomorrow’s list. This will ensure you are always moving towards your goal.
- Gratitude. Again end your day with who and what you are grateful for and why. Gratitude releases feel good hormones, changes your perspective and pushes a positive mental state.
- Condition your subconscious. When we sleep our conscious and our subconscious mind merge, therefore if you go to bed visualising your goals you are conditioning your mind to believe it is true. As I mentioned earlier this is vital for creating lasting change. There are lots of meditations on youtube and books to support this work and are another great way to wind down.
Do this every day for 30 days and I guarantee you will feel and see a difference!
For more information or help please get in touch.